Novosibirsk State University (NSU) invites Postdoctoral Researchers starting from the academic year (a period from September till June) 2015-2016. This program aims to engage talented young scientists in research activities at Novosibirsk State University and the surrounding research institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
We offer postdoctoral positions from three months to three years.
How to become a postdoc at NSU
- be non-Russian citizen (multiple citizenships including Russian is allowed),
- have a PhD degree from a university outside of Russia and the CIS countries,
- be active in research and have no less than 3 publications indexed in Scopus, and
- have good communication skills and knowledge of English, which will be the language of his teaching and research work.
1. Choosing a research advisor
To apply for postdoctoral position in Novosibirsk State University, please contact your prospective research advisor at Novosibirsk State University or at any research institute of Novosibirsk Scientific Centre
If you couldn't find the appropriate research advisor you may contact Project Office of Novosibirsk State University directly via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you and your prospective research advisor have negotiated an agreement for a postdoctoral appointment, you will need to complete the following steps:
2. Send your CV to the Project Office at email@example.com
Additionally, please submit:
- a description of your research experience and interests,
- a name of your prospective research advisor from NSU.
Your prospective research advisor will be responsible for submitting a project proposal to the Project Office, where the proposal will be evaluated.
The applicant will be informed about the decision of the Commission of Academic Mobility.
A job offer signed by the NSU management will be forwarded to the applicant by Human Resources.
3. Review the Job Offer and ensure all details discussed with your prospective advisor regarding your appointment are correct. The job offer will include information on:
- research expectations,
- the period of your appointment, including start date and end date,
- your annual salary,
- any additional funding provided (e.g. for relocation or research-related expenses), and
- vacation days you will receive.
Notify Human Resources and your prospective advisor if any corrections are required. Return a signed copy of the offer letter to Human Resources