The section is involved in conducting rocket and satellite field research, designing measurement methods, sensors, on-board equipment and information support systems for field research experiments. Based on the conducted field measurements, empirical models are created and the experimental data are interpreted based on the numerical models of the middle atmosphere and the Earth’s ozone layer.
At present the Section is conducting research in the following areas:
General Physics Section at NSU
- Atmospheric electricity, middle atmospheric electrodynamics.
- The Earth’s ozone layer, gas and aerosol content of the middle atmosphere.
- The impact of the solar activity on the atmosphere, anthropogenic influence on the ozonosphere.
- Magnetosphere and its influence on the spacecraft.
- Design equipment for on board experiments and high earth orbit spacecraft.
- Applications of computer technologies in education.