Research in the field of mechanics is being conducted at the Institute of theoretical and applied mechanics and the Institute of hydrodynamics (Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences).
The main research areas are:
Web-site of the Institute of theoretical and applied mechanics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Web-site of the Institute of hydrodynamics, Siberian Brancj of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- mathematical modeling in mechanics;
- air and gas dynamics;
- physical-chemical mechanics;
- mechanics of solid materials, deformation and fracture;
- mathematical problems of the mechanics of a continuous medium;
- physics and mechanics of high-energy processes.