Research in the field of applied mathematics is being conducted on the basis of the Institute of computational mathematics and mathematical geophysics (Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences).
The main research areas are:
Web-site of the Institute of computational mathematics and mathematical geophysics, Siberian Brancj of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- computational mathematics;
- mathematical modelling for the fields of physics of atmosphere and ocean and environmental protection;
- mathematical problems in geophysics;
- applied geophysics and geophysical informatics;
- image processing;
- modeling of IT systems;
- telecommunication systems;
- mathematical software for supercomputers.