The Laboratory's field of research is supramolecular chemistry and its specific branches, including the following: clusters, molecular containers and coordination polymers. This is one of the most important branches in modern chemistry, which determines the progress in the development of science.
One of the areas of the Laboratory's interests is molecular containers that can be used for targeted drug delivery. All around the world attempts have been made to adjust metal-organic frameworks for the storage of such volatile gases as hydrogen, acetylene and certain toxic gases. Porous compounds are created as chiral and are tested for their applicability to separate biologically active molecules into its optical antipodes. It is an urgent problem, the solution of which can significantly reduce the negative impact on human health.
Supramolecular chemistry is closely associated with nanotechnology. It allows creating objects with the desired properties in different areas and opens up various possibilities for practical application.
The Laboratory conducts research in the following areas:
The Chief of the Laboratory:
- The development of new methods for the synthesis of halide, chalcogenide and halcohalogenide clusters.
- The development of scientific basis for directed synthesis of micro- and mesoporous metall-organic framework polymers based on individual atoms or metal clusters connected by organic molecules (linkers).
- Obtaining complexes halide, chalcogenide and chalcohalogenide clusters with organic ligands of different nature.
- Establishing new patterns of synthesis of niobium, tantalum, molybdenum and tungsten polyoxometallates with complex composition and structure.
- Study of sorption properties in relation to the important industrial gases.
- Study of catalytic, redox-active and fluorescent properties of cluster complexes.
- Study of selective adsorption of gases and separation of complex mixtures of organic molecules.
Vladimir Petrovich Fedin (Professor, Doctor of Science (Chemistry), email: email@example.com