The aim of the laboratory is the study of the properties of mesons containing heavy quarks: B- and D-mesons. The laboratory is involved in the modernization of the calorimeter Belle II, creating a luminosity monitor, the preparation for the experiment as well as in the analysis of data collected in Belle and Belle II experiments.
The results of the laboratory are the following:
- Version of module electronics has been designed for face calorimeter;
- Stand to check electronic components for Belle II calorimeter has been created and the examination of all the produced modules has been carried out;
- Cylindrical calorimeter electronics system has been set up and its verification within a system of data collection Belle II has been conducted;
- Software for coefficients calibration and load in generators and collector modules has been developed;
- A set of data on cosmic particles has been collected as well as the entire cylindrical calorimeter has been checked;
- Measurement module of detector Belle II luminosity has been designed;
- The Belle data analysis in search for the decay of exotic charmonium state X (3872) and its potential partners in the modes containing pseudoscalar charmonium eta_c has been carried out, upper limits for these decays have been set up;
- The collapse of B-> D * pi omega has been conducted. Relative probabilities of the D-meson orbital excitations creation have been obtained.
The laboratory is part of The NSU interdisciplinary center of elementary particle physics and astrophysics.
Partner of the laboratory:
KEK High Energy Accelerator research organization (Tsukuba, Japan).
Head of Laboratory:
PhD. in Physics and Mathematics, Alexander Kuzmin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Division of elementary particle physics
Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Siences